Here are some of my Favourite articles Social Media Related found on Mashable and other resources, some of them are quite outdated but still hold interest
Amplify’d from mashable.com
- 7 Ways to Improve Your Event Planning With Facebook
We spoke with a few experts on using the world’s largest social network for event planning.
- How Social Media Affects Content Relevance in Search
Tweets, likes and +1′s are sending signals to search engines that content is relevant and valuable. SEO pros take note.
- 70+ Essential Resources for Making a Difference on the Social Web
As we head into Mashable‘s Social Good Summit, we thought we’d give you a refresher on the latest resources for doing good online.
- The History & Evolution of Crowdfunding
Though it’s gained traction on the web in recent years, microfinance is a concept that has its roots in the 1700s.
- How the Discovery Channel Uses Social Media to Connect With Superfans
Mashable spoke with Discovery Communications’ VP of social media communications to learn how the network makes such a massive impression on the social media scene.
Tech & Mobile
- Windows 8: The Top 4 Things You Should Know
We’ve come up with a list of features that we believe define Windows 8, Microsoft’s next-generation OS.
- 13 Branded iPhone Apps That Enhance Their Company’s Products
Using a mobile phone’s top features, such as its camera, GPS and Bluetooth, brands have created a number of innovative branded mobile apps that enhance their products and services.
- 7 Best Practices for Improving Your Website’s Usability
Studies show that web users consume content by skimming chunks of text. Heed these tips to ensure your visitors are absorbing as much important information as possible.
- 3 New Takes On Digital Books, ID Cards and Shopping
This week we’ve chosen three new takes on established online staples: digital books, ID and shopping.
- The PC: Old, Unsexy & Still King of The World
Everyone talks about the post-PC era, but 82% of U.S. households own a PC — it’s alive and well. Here are some other consumer trends and statistics about PCs.
Business & Marketing
- 4 Important Considerations for Creating a Remote Work Policy
It’s important for employers to put formal policies in place for remote worker, so that employees are equipped with clear guidelines.
- 3 Commandments for the Next Online Content Leaders
Web users are finding it more difficult to navigate the clutter of digital content to arrive at trusted sources. Build your brand’s content future around the three pillars of Authority, Curation and Context.
- 4 Considerations for Expanding Your Startup to International Markets
If you’re a startup entrepreneur, you risk facing a competitive disadvantage if you wait too long to expand your operations. Here are four tips for entrepreneurs looking to expand globally.
- 4 Tips for Creating a Viral Branded Microsite
Sometimes you need a separate, dedicated site to highlight a certain product or promotion. Here are some tips from the people behind Serenading Unicorn, Burton Bag Check and Mollydooker Winery’s Label Our Lefty.
Read more at mashable.com
- Content Strategy: 7 Tips to Make Your Blog Stickier
As a content producer, you always want to lower your “bounce rate” and keep people exploring your site. These 7 strategies for bloggers are proven to boost engagement.
See this Amp at http://bit.ly/q1Pirg